The focus of our work is on the development of a framework for the analysis and design of health and social care service delivery systems, development of design tools and education and training for managers, commissioners and clinicians.
The aim is to improve how healthcare delivery systems are designed. This is being tackled at a number of levels:
- Understanding how health and social care delivery systems are currently analysed, designed and implemented including capturing, assimilating and gathering issues relating to the management of design in healthcare
- Defining the best system analysis and design practices and evaluating them in various healthcare contexts
- Developing design processes to facilitate healthcare system analysis, design and implementation.
- Developing design tools to facilitate healthcare system analysis, design and implementation.
- Developing education and training materials to up skill healthcare practitioners in design practices.
Our main projects:
The EDC ran a highly successful systems modelling workshop in March 2012. Click here for further information.